An online presence is crucial for any businesses these days as it is the best way to reach many consumers all over the world with just a click. But if you work as a freelancer, then having a website is a must for you as you don’t have any platform to show your work.
The amount of work a freelancer can get through a website is increasing day by day. You may argue that we already have social media accounts and online listing and are getting good work, then why a website? Well, the answer is that having a good, eye-catching and relevant site will get you more work and that too of good quality.
It can make a difference between having an average business and a business that reeks of success, that too on your own terms.
Also, a legible site on Google makes the clients trust you as they can check out your other works and also read testimonials on your sites which affirm them of your capabilities.
Still, not sure about this, well-read below to find out how easy it is to make your own freelancing website, a little hard work and time from you and you will have a great site and even more customers.
Wanna build a freelance website? Check out below:
1. Decide you layout
The layout is the visual structure of your website and is the most crucial part of your website. It should have an eye-catching, appealing yet easy to use layout which is more popular. The layout is all about visual and before deciding on the one you should be clear about what kind of impression you want people to have and which elements of the site and your work should take the front seat.
There are a lot of templates that can get you started in which you can add your own creativity or design a website from scratch.
2. Make a brand
Having a brand is crucial and should not be as it will get recognition amongst people through this only.
- Name: First give it a name that justifies the services it provides.
- Domain: buy and select the right domain as it will help you get listing on Google and a good ranking. Try to include both the name and nature of the business.
- Logo -is crucial for your branding and is one of the tools of visual language. Make it catchy, unique yet simple as people will recognize your brand through this. Use Canva for designing a great logo.
- Color palette and font– should resonate with the business and must be used uniformly in every tool.
- Other: tools for branding are social handle, campaigns, advertisements; brochures, slogan, USP and visiting card are all critical to good branding. Make sure they have uniformity between them.
3. Include relevant pages
The pages will depend on your content and business objectives, but these pages must be included.
- Home Page– This is the first page of the site is like the front door from where people will enter, and this is your chance of having a good first impression. It should be attractive and you can add images, but don’t forget to include some descriptive text as they increase your Google ranking and inform clients about your work.
- Services- A detailed section about the kind of work/services/products you provide.
- Projects– This section will all be about the different but quality work done by you for other companies.
- About us– The page that tells the consumer about you and your goals, work ethics and success story.
- Feedback- The section where your ex-clients write about the work you have done for them- the positive testimonials.
- Contact– the most important page so that people can contact and hire you. Include phone no, email- id and social media links
- Others– Include pages like FAQ where you can answer the same questions that are asked by many clients, and Blog for providing fresh and SEO relevant content.
4. Design it well
The website is your outlet for showing your creativity in designs so jot down all your ideas and start working on them. Use the features that will make your site creative and appealing for the clients. Animation, graphics and customized grids are some of the examples of intricate designing but please don’t overdo it.
5. Use the right business tools
To have a successful business and freelancing website, have these tools for its smooth running and client engagement.
Online booking– Have a section for booking your services online any time of the day.
Payment gateway- Have a secure and quick online payment method for ease of the customers
Suggestions- Improvements to the work and site should always be welcomed, and this page will be for it.
6. Mobile friendly
As many people open websites on their phone to check out the services provided or the work done, it is crucial that your site runs perfectly on it and loads easily. Make sure that you don’t clutter it, add just the important elements, the font and color should be such that it is easy to read. Moreover, make sure the zoom button works perfectly.
7. Make it SEO optimized
SEO makes sure that your website is visible to people on a search engine and it is a continuous process. To make sure that your SEO is good, use blogs and provide fresh and relevant content which is constantly updated. Also, use keywords that will help you get visibility in the search engine and amongst clients.
8. Share it
Once the website is done, share it link on all your social channels so that people can check it out and hire you whenever needed.
These basic steps will help you create a great freelancing website. The work on it doesn’t end here; keep updating it with fresh content. Make sure that the SEO is up to the mark and your business will certainly boom.